Social media is here to stay. Realistically, this means that all businesses need to have a social media presence. Consumers are used to being able to shop online and interact with their favourite brands on social media platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook.
It is not enough to post content at random times anymore. In order to make social media work for you and your organisation, you need to approach social media strategically. To do this, you need to make sure that you set yourself specific business objectives – what is that you want to achieve? It could be increasing sales, promoting your brand, increasing customer experience, etc. You need to think in advance about how you can make these objectives a reality and create a social media strategy plan.
Here are our five reasons why we believe every business needs to embrace social media:
- Building relationships – Having a social media presence gives you the opportunity to create an online community. Prospects, existing customers and followers will engage and respond to your content.
- It gives your organisation direction – Taking the time to think about your social media will help you determine what your business goals are. You need to identify your weaknesses and think about how social media may be able to help, especially in those areas. Using the analytics from your social media platforms will also give you insights into what is and what is not working.
- Improves customer service and communication – Social media is one of the best ways to get feedback about your organisation. Your followers will talk about your organisation with others, message you directly and take part in conversations with others. Following and responding to these developments will do wonders for your brand, which in turn will form a positive image of your organisation.
- It can be cost effective – You may have a marketing team or individual already within your organisation. If you do, fantastic. If you don’t, not to worry! If you are a smaller organisation, there are so many free tools to help you with your social media. Facebook, for example, is now one of the world’s largest advertising networks and allows people to target very specific demographics. You can also schedule your content in advance on Buffer for free – up to ten posts at a time!
- Don’t get left behind – The social media marketing industry is fast-growing and continuing to grow, daily. By not embracing social media as part of your organisation, you are potentially missing out on promoting your organisation and talking to people about your services. The truth is that social media marketing has already proven its worth and most companies have a social media presence – they could be your competitors.
Did you find this information useful? Download or print out our PDF, it may come in handy! – 5 Reasons Why Every Business Needs to Embrace Social Media PDF
You can also read more about our social media hints and tips on our blog section here.
Pick up the phone and call our helpful team on 01843 572600 if you would like any advice on your social media. We are always happy to help!