Do you hear the word ‘blogging’ and run for the hills? Wish you had some tips on how to get started? Look no further…we are here to help!
There are so many benefits to writing a blog for your business or organisation. Blogging should now be part of the everyday marketing activities, providing much wanted content for consumers. The fact is if you don’t blog, your competitors will be and probably are already.
Here are our 9 top tips for blogging beginners:
- Get ideas from your existing customers: Your existing customers are the perfect people to get ideas from. It could be answering questions they have asked or fantastic feedback they have left about a staff member– there’s two ideas already! Your existing customers are marketing gold.
- Understand your audience: The people who follow you on social media, follow you for a reason. Understanding your audience and what they want from you is the key to growing your audience.
- Create amazing ‘call to actions’: A call to action (usually abbreviated as CTA) is an image or line of text that prompts your visitors to act. It is, quite literally, a ‘call’ to take an ‘action.’ The action you want people to take could be anything from downloading an eBook, sign up for a webinar, get a coupon, attend an event, the list is endless! A call to action can be placed anywhere within your marketing; on your website, in an eBook, in an email, or at the end of a blog post.
- Give your best stuff away: This may sound crazy, but it works! By providing useful content in your blog posts, people will keep coming back for more; you can even include downloadable PDF’s as a call to action.
- Be consistent: Once you start blogging, being consistent is important. Be realistic with your schedule; it could be once a week, once a month or once a day. Most organisations tend to post one blog post a week. Once you start blogging, don’t stop!
- Be true to your voice: Your blog posts should be written, with the personality of your organisation or business. Asking staff members to write blog posts is a good idea; they live and breathe your organisation every day!
- Give it time: Your blogging efforts won’t bring you new customers immediately. Like everything in life, good things come to those who wait!
- Be yourself: Reference and add links: If you are including other organisations or businesses in your blog posts, reference them and promote them at the same time. They will love you for it and it is also a good feeling promoting your local community!
- “There’s a blog post in that”: So many ideas from general conversations with staff members or family members can be generated into blog posts. Keep a record of your ideas and when you think “there’s a blog post in that,” add it in!
Did you find this information useful? Download or print out our PDF – it may come in handy! 9 Top Tips for Blogging Beginners PDF
You can also read more about our social media hints and tips on our blog section here.
Pick up the phone and call our helpful team on 01843 572600 if you would like any advice on your social media. We are always happy to help!