There are so many benefits to writing a blog for your business or organisation. Blogging should now be part of the everyday marketing activities, providing much wanted content for consumers. The fact is if you don’t blog, your competitors will be and probably are already.
So, why blog? Let’s find out…
- Drives traffic to your website – Every time you write a blog post, it is one more indexed page on your website, which means it is one more opportunity for you to show up in search engines and drive traffic to your website in organic searches. Also, it is one more cue to Google and other search engines that your website is active and they should be checking in frequently to see what new content to surface.
Blogging also helps you get discovered via social media. Every time you write a blog post, you are creating content that people can share on social networks, such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. This helps expose your business to new audiences.
- Helps convert that traffic into leads – Now that you have traffic coming to your website through your blog, you have an opportunity to convert that traffic into leads. Just like every blog post you write is another indexed page, each post is a new opportunity to generate new leads. The way this works is really simple – just add a lead generating call to action to every blog post. Often, these calls to action lead to things like free eBooks, free whitepapers, free fact sheets, free webinars, free trials … basically, any content asset for which someone would be willing to exchange their information for.
- Positions you as an expert – The best business blogs answer common questions their customers have. If you are consistently creating content that is helpful for your target and existing customers,they will love you! Can you imagine the impact of sending an educational blog post you wrote to clear things up for a confused customer? Feel good factor!
- Drives long term results – Blog posts rank in search engines. That means for days, weeks, months, and years to come, you can continue to get traffic and leads from your blog posts. So while you are having a well-deserved day off or jetting off to somewhere sunny, you are also driving traffic and leads. The effort you put in yesterday can turn into hundreds of thousands of views and leads in the future.
- Shows consistency – Have you ever discovered a blog on a business or organisation’s website, to find that it is updated once every few years? Doesn’t give you bundles of confidence, does it? Don’t fall into the same trap! By posting consistently, whether it is once a week or once a month, you are providing the ‘trust’ factor and showing commitment.
- It ‘humanises’ your organisation – The possibilities of what you can blog about are literally endless! You can start with answering existing customer questions, write about staff members, upcoming events, charity events, community related projects and publish case studies & testimonials.
Showcasing areas of your organisation ‘humanises’ it and provides that ‘trust’ factor, for existing customers, prospects and followers.
Did you find this information useful? Download or print out our PDF – it may come in handy! The Benefits of Blogging for Business and Marketing PDF
You can also read more about our social media hints and tips on our blog section here.
Pick up the phone and call our helpful team on 01843 572600 if you would like any advice on your social media. We are always happy to help!