Microsoft have now confirmed that the free upgrade to Windows 10 will end on July 29th, 2016. We want to make sure you don’t miss out as once the free upgrade offer expires; a full version of Windows 10 will need to be purchased.
Why should you upgrade to Windows 10?
6 reasons to consider:
- The Start Menu – The original start menu that was excluded from Windows 8 is back.
- Universal Apps – Windows 10 lets you find software you need for large & small tasks and comes with media apps, including new photos, videos, music maps and calendar.
- Microsoft Edge Browser – As part of Windows 10, Microsoft Edge is included in the operating system, replacing Internet Explorer as the default browser. Microsoft Edge gives you new ways to find, read and write on the web. It’s genius!
- Security – Windows 10 inherits the Secure Boot feature from Windows 8 and makes it even more secure. Three new security features for Windows 10 are Device Guard, Microsoft Passport and Windows Hello.
- Speed – Compared to other operating systems, Microsoft Windows operating systems have a faster start up. With Windows 10, this is still the case.
- Better Navigation for Mousers – The navigation in Windows 10 for using a mouse and keyboard has improved significantly.
You can also download our Microsoft Windows 10 in 5 Easy Steps info-graphic here – 5 Steps to Windows 10
4 reasons Windows 10 might not be right for you:
- Compatibility – It may be that your PC or Laptop is not compatible with the latest windows operating system. You can check out the latest Microsoft compatibility report FAQs here.
- Windows 7/8 Works Just Fine – If you are using Windows 7/8 and it’s properly patched & working for you, you may not feel the need to upgrade to Windows 10. If you have an IT support company taking care of your requirements, speak to them to see if the upgrade will benefit your organisation.
- The Installer May Not Be Ready – If you keep getting notifications that your upgrade is not quite ready yet, there is a reason for this. Microsoft are processing a huge amount of requests to upgrade and the Windows 10 installer takes a look at your system. Based on the hardware and software it finds, it assigns you in order of priority.
- Missing Media Centre & DVD Player – If you’re a fan of watching DVDs and accessing your Media Centre, this feature is not available with Windows 10.
Would you like to learn more? Check out the official Windows 10 video guide here.
Want to ensure your staff get the most from Windows 10? Check out our Introduction to Windows 10 workshops hosted in our Learning Zone here.
If you have any questions on upgrading to Windows 10, please feel free to call our helpful team of ninjas on 01843 572600 or email us at email@example.com.
You can also download this blog as a PDF to share or for future reference here – 10 Reasons To Consider Before Upgrading to Windows 10.