Being involved in social media is great fun, very rewarding and it is one of the best ways to market your business or organisation.
Do you sometimes feel a little lost though when it comes to new ideas for posts and content? Need some inspiration? Look no further…we are here to help!
- Behind the scenes photographs – These are used a lot by organisations that want to show that they are a trustworthy and accessible brand. It also ‘humanises’ your organisation, by showing staff members.
- Use an infographic – Make sure it fits in with your audience. Be sure to include your logo on the image somewhere as well. A picture can be better than a thousand words, so choose wisely and it could be a real engagement tool.
- Take a great product photograph – Many companies find this is a way to gain great exposure for their product (it is in the picture), as well as gain some real social proof.
- Showcase case studies – Case studies are an excellent way to bring variety and also a little extra marketing potential to your posts. Case studies need to be done right though, so spend time finding great customers to interview who have lots to say.
- Give a little – If you want to give a little more to your audience, share a great e-book you have read recently. Do this on a regular basis and your audience will love you!
- ‘A day in the life of’- You could become even more creative with your post ideas and link to a ‘day in the life’ post that you have created. You could focus on one member of your team and get them to write a short post that details their working day. It works a treat for making your company more approachable, and it also allows you to bring even more engaging content to your audience.
- Customer testimonials – Find a customer who has been with your organisation for a long time and arrange for a full, professional video testimonial to be recorded. This is very effective because it has social proof and is engaging to watch.
- Start a competition – This means you can get some real engagement, and if you have a prize you will get a great response. It builds up a sense of community and allows you to have an exciting post on your social media.
- Share industry news – As always, one of the best things you can do is to share industry news that is up to date and relevant to your audience. This makes for a much more engaged audience, and they will start to listen to you on the big topics of the day and latest news.
- Won an award recently? – If your company has received an award recently, share the news in a post. Make it a clear and factual post, sharing your great news!
- Interview some experts – Interview an industry expert and post it on social media. This is a great way to build up your expertise level.
- FAQs – Check out your FAQs and think of new questions that you get asked a lot. Answer the question/s or series of questions. Then use these for your posts…you will be answering questions that people will be interested in.
- Hints & Tips – Share hints & tips that will make the lives of your customers better. This is value-sharing at its best.
- Look at your analytics – Take a look at your social media analytics on a regular basis and work out what is being engaged with the most. This is a classic way to build up even more engagement and produce content that is wanted by your audience.
Did you find this information useful? Download or print out our PDF – it may come in handy! Social Media Post Ideas For Your Business PDF
You can also read more about our social media hints and tips on our blog section here.
Pick up the phone and call our helpful team on 01843 572600 if you would like any advice on your social media. We are always happy to help!