Office Lens Available on iPhone and Android
We use and love Office 365 for so many reasons here at BCS. Our Company Secretary, Samantha, discovered this on her phone and she was amazed by it; quite rightly so! For that reason, we had to write about it.
Office Lens is a handy capture app that turns your smartphone into a pocket scanner. It works with OneNote, so you’ll never lose a thing. You can use it to take pictures of receipts, business cards, menus, whiteboards or sticky notes. Then let Office Lens crop, enhance and save to OneNote. Just like that; all your scanned images you capture from Office Lens are accessible on all your devices. Genius!
Some of the fantastic features of Office Lens include:
• Recognises the corners of a document and automatically crops, enhances and cleans up the image (as the image below shows).
• Identifies printed text with optical character recognition, so that you can search by key word for the image in OneNote or OneDrive.
• Converts images of paper documents and whiteboard notes into Word documents, PowerPoint presentations and PDF files for easy editing and reformatting.
• Captures business cards and generates contacts which you can add into your phone.
• Inserts images to OneNote or OneDrive and gives you options to save, export and share the image.
Here is a simple step by step guide on how to use Office Lens.
Did you find this information useful? Download or print out our PDF for yourself and staff members – it may come in handy! Office Lens available on iPhone and Android PDF
Would you like to see our other Microsoft ‘How to’ blog posts? Visit our dedicated blog section here.
Pick up the phone and call our helpful team on 01843 572600 if you would like any advice on using Office Lens. We are always happy to help!